Sustainable Architecture Hawaii
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
As a sign of its commitment toward green architecture:
- The founding partners of Ferraro Choi, Joe Ferraro, FAIA, and Gerald Choi, AIA Emeritus, were the first two architects in the State of Hawaii to become LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Efficiency Design) Accredited Professionals with the United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- The first two projects to acquire LEED® Certification in the State of Hawaii were designed by Ferraro Choi
- The Hawaii Gateway Energy Center achieved a LEED® Platinum Certification, the highest and most difficult certification to achieve from the United States Green Building Council for sustainable green design. The Hawaii Gateway Energy Center has also received multiple awards locally, regionally, and nationally for its exemplary sustainable and green design strategies
- The Office of Ferraro Choi at the IBM Building at Ward Centre, Honolulu achieved LEED® Platinum Certification for Commercial Interiors Version 2009 from the United States Green Building Council for sustainable green design. The Office of Ferraro Choi also received the 2011 NAIOP Hawaii Kukulu Hale Renovation Award
- In recognition for its sustainable design features and practices, the AIA Honolulu Chapter Office was recognized as the first LEED/CI® (Commercial Interiors) accredited project in Hawaii and received a GOLD rating from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). The Chapter office also received multiple design and sustainability awards in 2003 including a Honolulu AIA Award of Merit, the Sustainability Award of Merit, and the Mayor’s Choice Award. Today, this space serves as a living model to educate its members and the visiting public on sustainability issues and practices
- Ferraro Choi is a proud ENERGY STAR Service Provider. Energy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping everyone save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. Ferraro Choi’s new sustainable green office at the IBM Building is currently 94.6% Energy Star Compliant
- Ferraro Choi is a proud member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), the nation’s foremost coalition of leaders working to promote buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable, and healthy places to live and work.
Key benefits of sustainable design include:
- Cultural and community sensitivity
- Better worker health, comfort, and productivity
- Preservation of natural resources
- Energy efficiency and lower operating costs