Published Technical Papers:
- Analyses of Economic, Environmental, and Occupant Benefits of Sustainable Design and LEED Certification for State of Hawaii and K-12 Public School Facilities
- Development of a Remote Station Architecture – McMurdo Station, Antarctica
- Elevated Station Design for the South Pole Redevelopment Project at Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station
- Integrated Sustainable Design for Research Laboratories
- Master Plan for the South Pole Redevelopment Project
- Sustainable Design Strategies for the Modernization of the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station
- Thermal Skin Design for Extreme Cold Climates
“Gateway to Sustainability Case Study – Hawaii Gateway Energy Center at
NELHA, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii”
by Tristan Roberts
GreenSource Magazine, July 2007 Issue
by Michael Behar
WIRED, Issue 10.07, July 2002
“Foundation Design for the Elevated Station”
by Dennis L. Berry, P.E.
Civil Engineering—ASCE,Vol. 70, No. 12, December 2000, pp. 42-45,73
“Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, New Dry Labs Complex, Coconut Island, Hawaii”
Sustainable Design of Research Laboratories, 2010,
“Hawaii Gateway Energy Center”
Bioclimatic Architecture, 2009,
Instituto Monsa de Ediciones
“Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station”
Extreme Architecture, 2009,
Laurence King Publishing Ltd.
“Hawaii Gateway Energy Centre”
Architecture of Change –
Sustainability and Humanity in the Built Environment,
2008, Die Gestalten Verlag GmbH & Co.
“Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority
Hawaii Gateway Energy Center”
Architecture in Hawaii – Chronological Survey, 2008,
Mutual Publishing LLC.
“Hawaii Gateway Energy Center at NELHA”
Emerald Architecture – Case Studies in Green Building, 2008,
McGraw-Hill Companies Inc.